[mythtv-users] ATSC Encoder change breaks Mythtv

Greg Maus g.maus at fnmmail.com
Thu Oct 7 23:41:22 UTC 2010

> Have you tried playing back the video files in another player
> (MPlayer,
> VLC, etc). What format is the audio stream in (MPlayer will tell
> you)?
> What is your audio output configuration? That information will
> certainly
> help.

The recorded files that will not play in Myth frontend play fine in all
of the common media players.  I am not exactly sure what you mean what
format is the audio stream.  I know that it is AC3, and that is the same
audio format as files that were recorded prior to the encoder change.
Is there a command line option in mplayer to get more specific audio
stream info?

My Mythtv audio config is pretty basic.  ASLA:default.  I have also
tried ALSA:spdif, but there is no difference in playback regardless of
the settings.