[mythtv-users] Help, mythtv has stopped recording and I don't understand why!

Glenn Callow gmcallow at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 21:57:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've just had exactly this problem, and think I've fixed it.  MySQL
upgrade for Fedora came through, and then:

- All my recording schedules were there, as were my recorded programs
and listings but,
- I didn't have any Upcoming recordings scheduled.

LiveTV worked, and all tuners were present.  I ran mysql_upgrade,
mysqlcheck and optimize_mythdb.pl, but they had no effect.

The error I saw in my mythbackend.log was:

2010-10-07 21:58:00.186 Reschedule requested for id -1.
2010-10-07 21:58:00.254 DB Error (Creating sched_temp_record table):
Query was:
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE sched_temp_record LIKE record;
Driver error was [2/1004]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement
Database error was:
Can't create file '/tmp/#sql9c6_2e_3.frm' (errno: 9)

It appears, on my system at least, the mysql group number has been
changed as part of the update.  So all the databases created in /var/
lib/mysql had a mysql user, but a gid of 27 with no group name
associated with it.  This seemed to give mysql a problem creating
files anywhere - including in /tmp for temporary tables.

Simply doing:

chown -R mysql:mysql /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg

and restarting the mythbackend has fixed it for me.

Glenn