[mythtv-users] KWorld DVB-T PC160-2T Card Not Responding to probe

Anthony Rooney rooneyo at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 6 12:20:39 UTC 2010

Hi

I ran the grep-I and dmesg commands and after initially getting no response
I restarted Ubuntu because it was like my terminal was not working properly.
On restart the commands worked in that they gave me feedback that I had the
9013 version 4.65 driver installed and loaded.  The grep -I  dvb
/var/log/messages told me that everything loaded and my KWORLD 160 T was
recognised by name.

I run Live TV again and it all worked OK allowing me to change channel
without any problem.  I could lock on all channels with perfect reception
and performance.  In addition I was able to configure a 2nd instance of the
TV card and associate it with Shepherd to get access to the 2nd tuner and
see to different channels from the same backend via 2 different client
machines running front end.

Could it be that running the dmesg command kicked the system into life as I
do not understand why I had such poor performance having copied the firmware
over to the correct folder several days ago.  I had started and restarted
the system several times as well as complete fill databases so I still don't
understand why it came good, but happy it has.

I now need to learn more about how to schedule and encode content and
perhaps be able to connect to and see content on the Topfield PVR - one step
at a time.

Kind Regards

Anthony