[mythtv-users] Mytharchive

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 10:53:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:09 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
> On 06/10/10 03:13, Greg Oliver wrote:
>> I have been playing with mytharchive for the past couple of days.  I
>> have made a couple of modifications to it, but the base functions are
>> the same.  I was wondering what some of you do with regards to
>> changing the number of AC3 channels?
>>
>> It is a hard coded property in the config file, so it is one or the
>> other across the board..  ffmpeg obviously complains when the channels
>> in the resultant object are less than the original, but not equal to
>> or the same.  Do I just need to set it always to 6?  I would prefer
>> not to because it saves sooooo much transcoding time if the source and
>> target match.  If I had to transcode all 2 channel to 6 channel, that
>> would be a great waste of time..
>>
>> Just looking for best/worst case - thanks!
>>
>> -Greg
>>

> You can add your own encoding profiles to the config files if that helps.
>
> The best way to do that would be to copy the existing ffmpeg_dvd_xxx.xml
> files to ~/.mythtv/MythArchive/ and add your own encoding profiles using
> the existing ones as a template, just make sure you give them new unique
> names. You will then be able to choose the new encoding profiles in
> MythArchive.
>
> Note: That location assumes the CONFIGDIR is set to the default of
> ~/.mythtv and may be different on your setup.

Yes, there was a thread with that a couple of days ago.   I just
removed the -ac options from the script and it achieves what I
wanted..

I think I am going to reach my goal easier with the customized theme I
am working on though..  (Basically just moving recordings to where I
want them in my storage groups..)

Just a word of wisdom though..  Never write changes to scripts on a
minimyth box that runs from ram without saving them prior to
rebooting.. :)

I lost an hour of my life last night!

Thanks