[mythtv-users] Mytharchive

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Wed Oct 6 09:09:59 UTC 2010

On 06/10/10 03:13, Greg Oliver wrote:
> I have been playing with mytharchive for the past couple of days.  I
> have made a couple of modifications to it, but the base functions are
> the same.  I was wondering what some of you do with regards to
> changing the number of AC3 channels?
>
> It is a hard coded property in the config file, so it is one or the
> other across the board..  ffmpeg obviously complains when the channels
> in the resultant object are less than the original, but not equal to
> or the same.  Do I just need to set it always to 6?  I would prefer
> not to because it saves sooooo much transcoding time if the source and
> target match.  If I had to transcode all 2 channel to 6 channel, that
> would be a great waste of time..
>
> Just looking for best/worst case - thanks!
>
> -Greg

You can add your own encoding profiles to the config files if that helps.

The best way to do that would be to copy the existing ffmpeg_dvd_xxx.xml
files to ~/.mythtv/MythArchive/ and add your own encoding profiles using
the existing ones as a template, just make sure you give them new unique
names. You will then be able to choose the new encoding profiles in
MythArchive.

Note: That location assumes the CONFIGDIR is set to the default of
~/.mythtv and may be different on your setup.

Paul H.