[mythtv-users] a read-only disk/directory in a storage group?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 6 03:41:42 UTC 2010

  On 10/05/2010 08:30 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Let's say I have two disks/directories in a storage group and I want to
> prevent one of them (because it's stupid XFS and corrupting on write --
> the last time I will ever use XFS) from being written to further yet I
> want to leave it in the storage group for reading from.
>
> Can I instruct myth to use it only for reading from?

Assuming you have enabled an appropriate storage group disk scheduler (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Storage_Groups_Weighting#Storage_Group_Disk_Scheduler
), you can set a weight (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Storage_Groups_Weighting#Weighting ).

Note, though, that it's still possible that the directory will be chosen
in some circumstances.  If you make the directory not writable by the
user running mythbackend, it will result in a failed recording--it won't
fall back to a different directory.

Your best bet would be fix the file system--copy the recordings
elsewhere, then reformat, then copy the recordings back.

Mike