[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Tue Oct 5 19:34:18 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: <mike at grounded.net>
To: "mythtv-users" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 3:24 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

>That's the next problem, mythbuntu won't install on either of the boards I'm using. There aren't any errors, during the
>initializing process, the cursor simply goes into the upper left hand corner and that's it, end of install. No logs to check, no
>errors output, nothing.
I found that mythdora, the DVD does install so if I can use that, I would be happy to do another a nice fresh install with the
fx5200 in there.

>Mind you, I also pointed out that it's always possible that my card's s-video port is busted too.
>So, I'm all ears if it's worth giving it one more shot or I can just order a card I'm told will work for sure without legacy
>drivers etc.

Apply KISS. Try installing a known good CD of mythbuntu using just a standard VGA monitor as a start with only the fx5200 in a
system, Gxx0 card OUT of system.  One video card.   I still don't know whether you've ever seen the initial mythbuntu menu options?

Only once that is working move on to other outputs.

Alternatively order a vdpau card and be committed to spending the dosh, and repeat....