[mythtv-users] Themes licenses and vdpau

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 17:25:29 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can read Arclight's license (gpl2), but since it has restrictions on
> font redistribution, it may be a deal breaker..  blue-abstract has no
> licensing file included at all AFAIK..

There's no real restriction on the font redistribution, both fonts are
redistributable without issue.  If you do redistribute them they need
to include a copy of their license (which basically just says, don't
modify these fonts and do include this license).  The rest of the
theme is GPLv2 so you can do with it what you please.  Blu-abstract is
derived in no small part from Graphite, which is GPLv2.  blue-abstract
is thus GPLv2.

> Since mythtv is gpl'ed, are the themes distributed with it
> automatically GLP'ed (v2) as well...???

Our core themes are GPLv2, any third party theme can be distributed
under the license chosen by the themer.  A fair number of themes in
the past have been Creative Commons licensed in various ways.

Robert