[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 17:10:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 13:02, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, one thing that will almost always get you past a hung install is
> booting with acpi=off, or noacpi on the kernel commandline.  In other
> words, when the installers all start, they usually let you select from
> several options..  If there is no "fail-safe" or "vesa" or something
> similar, there is always an option to customize the boot parameters..
> Putting acpi=off will fix most broken motherboard BIOS' and let the
> install go on through..

I attended a MythTV demonstration a few weeks ago and the installer
(Mythbuntu, I believe) hung during bootup. When a different CD was
used (fortunately he brought two copies) bootup and installation
proceeded without any problem.

So it's possible it's a media/corruption issue... although your
solution sounds more promising :)

aaron