[mythtv-users] no recording scheduled but recording still works

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 10:06:53 UTC 2010

Now I would like to report that the problem has just solved itself,
probably because the schedule moved over the problematic bits in the
"upcoming recordings".

This is of course not a solution as this can happen anytime again when
some special characters get converted into something that is a control
character.

To get to the bottom of this: I let mythfilldatabase read the schedule
from an XML file and I could propably work something into that file
that special characters are converted into something that
mythfilldatabase understands.
I'm afraid to ask but is there a howto?
As I understand it, myth 0.23 now runs in "real" UTF8 shouldn't it
work with all characters known to men?

I'd be grateful for any pointers.