[mythtv-users] Matrox Millennium G400 MAX

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 18:56:26 UTC 2010

Ok just to check. You switched off the pc unplugged the monitor and
plugged the vid card into the tv and switched on? Did you see any
output on the tv when it was booting? You should see the pc booting up
on the 5200 at least. X and the myth ui will be harder but the bios
etc should show if the tv out is working on your card.

On 10/4/10, mike at grounded.net <mike at grounded.net> wrote:
>> Once you have that sorted, and can see your mouse pointer on your TV,
>> we can start looking at Myth.
>
>> I hope that was helpful and I didnt mean to teach you to suck eggs, if
>> you already know this.
>
> That's so helpful, thanks. Problem is that I've done all of these things. I
> did install the legacy drivers, they seemed to load ok, seemed to have xorg
> configured but no matter what I did, even using input from the kind folks on
> the list, it ended up being a dead end, no TV output.
>
> I could do it all over again, just don't want to have someone giving me crap
> again about not researching it for myself. If the folks on the list were not
> able to find the problem, I sure as hell would not have been able to.
>
> Now, I see recordings playing on the front end and wanna know where the heck
> the live TV is from the 1600 installed in that machine is! :)

Sent from my mobile device