[mythtv-users] Same trunk versions report different network protocols plus a DB schema version oddity

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 11:34:37 UTC 2010

On 4 October 2010 12:14, Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you upgraded the master backend or just a slave backend, all systems
> must be running the same version.
>
> Make sure you have run mythsetup on the master backend to have the db
> updated, then once that is done make sure all the front ends are run
> (assuming different plugins are installed on different frontends) to get the
> rest of the updates done.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I only have one backend server and I have run mythtv-setup (several times!).
I have also checked for 'wacky' things like whether there could be two
different instances of the backend both running somewhere (there aren't!)

I'm totally puzzled by how the same front end binary running on two machines
can behave differently. I have removed and re-installed all of the front-end
packages on both machines, but to no avail. I can only guess that there must
be a configuration file somewhere that is corrupt or that hasn't been
updated correctly and that isn't being refreshed by a remove/reinstall of
the packages, but I'm really struggling to know where to look - even whether
it is likely to be on the backend or the frontend(s).

George