[mythtv-users] Best way to migrate from one server to another.

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 22:32:42 UTC 2010

I have a MythTV server running an old version of Knoppmyth (Before they
switched to Debian), and I have built a new box running Mythbuntu.

I will be taking the storage drives out of the old server and installing
them in the new one, but I'm planning on dropping the (Very old by now)
Debian Sid distro for the new Mythbuntu Maverick.

What's the best way of migrating the configuration of Myth from one
server to another like this? Bringing both servers down, copying the DB
over the top, setting up the HDDs on the new box at the same mount point
as they were at, then bringing up the new server? Any gotchas I should
be aware of?

Thanks in advance.