[mythtv-users] Suddenly started getting 'WriteAudio: buffer underrun'

Philippe Van Der Gucht philippe at vandergucht.org
Sat Oct 2 17:33:05 UTC 2010

Greetings!

I had a smooth running mythtv 0.22+fixes system with a HVR-4000 and 2
days ago recordings started to stutter.

This only happens with certain channels of my satellite provider
'tv-vlaanderen'.
I am almost certain they changed the encoding of their channels.

However when playing the recordings via the console with mplayer
everything runs smoothly!
This is how I know mythtv's internal player does not know how to handle
them.

I have upgraded to 0.23.0+fixes but to no avail.

Can I at least use an external player for recordings as a workaround? I
have not found how.

Thanks for any help.

--
Don't drink when you drive -- you might hit a bump and spill it.