[mythtv-users] multiple TVs from one frontend

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Sat Oct 2 03:26:55 UTC 2010

  On 9/26/2010 10:43 PM, Joey Morris wrote:
> I want to feed Myth to TVs in four rooms of my house. Because I live
> alone and use just one TV at a time, I'm thinking I can get by with a
> single frontend box and a four-way HDMI splitter.

I am running HDMI to a second TV about 50 ft away, no problem using
splitter from monoprice.  X does not autodetect.  I already had whole
house audio, incliuding ceiling speakers in the bedroom where the second
TV is.  Sound from FE goes to whole house.  Simple IR repeater, with
receiver mounted in trim ring of ceiling speaker handles remote control
of stereo and FE.  I programmed two OFA 8810 using JP1 almost exactly
the same, difference is in the TV control.  Labeled one bedroom so they
end up in right room. Works like a charm.  Will probably add another
screen in kitchen soon.