[mythtv-users] Export to MPG without re-compressing

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Oct 2 02:24:59 UTC 2010

  On 10/1/2010 19:44, Damian wrote:
> I've just looked in the recordings directory and they are mainly 'nuv'
> files. There are a few 'mpg' files in there too, but I can't tell
> which file is which recording from the file names as they are all in
> this format "1009_20100922213700.nuv"

Your existing mpegs are from a digital tuner, while the nuvs are from a
framegrabber.  Could you explain a little better what you are trying to
do?  When I think of archive, I think of just copying the files in
whatever form they currently exist straight to another medium.  If you
are specifically talking about changing them to some format playable on
a DVD player, then no, you cannot convert nuvs to a playable format
without transcoding.