[mythtv-users] Semi-OT: Anyone from MA on Comcast seeing corruption on 804 WBZ-DT?

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 12:23:22 UTC 2010

This might be better suited for one of the regional cable forums, but for
the life of me I can't remember them at the moment.

This might be specific to Lowell and surrounding areas, but I started seeing
video corruption on channel 804-WBZ-DT and I wanted to know anyone else is
seeing it.

With the start of the new TV season I only just started recording shows on
this channel again. My current recorded programs shows that a gap in my
recordings on this channel from May 26th to Sept 20th so I am not sure when
this happened.

I originally thought it might have had something to do with an electrical
service upgrade I just had done the week before. But that idea went on the
back burner when researching the issue pointed out it was only one channel
that did this and it occurred on every one of my HD5000's. Cablebox seems
fine though. I eliminated the possibility of a bad amp by bypassing it.
Signal strength is a lower but the issue remained only on the same channel.
The other channel (806-WFXT-DT) on the same multiplex seems fine.

When you start playback on one of the videos from this channel you get a
brief spot of pixelization before it clears up and plays fine, but when you
FFW/REW you get another burst of pixelization and then a second later it
clears up again. Also here is what you get in mythweb from the preview
generation http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/324/channel804640x360.png

So, anyone else seeing issues?

Regards

MarcT