[mythtv-users] Floating point exception

Donn Washburn n5xwb at comcast.net
Tue Nov 30 15:21:58 UTC 2010

On 11/29/2010 10:07 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Donn Washburn<n5xwb at comcast.net>  wrote:

>>> It's almost certainly a broken configure line-- I warned you of this
>>> in your other thread-- did you switch to the configure line I
>>> suggested, or blaze ahead with the one you had?
>>>
>>> Robert
>> Thanks for the reply!
>>
>> Here is a copy of my mythtv-conf-it which is my input to configure.  Other
>> than CFLAG entries I don't see a problem./
> As I said in the other thread, *why* are you assigning march, mfpmath,
> etc.?  You are causing your own problem, because you are giving bad
> input.
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-bindings=perl,python --enable-proc-opts
>
> That's *it*.  Nothing more.  Please do not set processor options.  You
> are doing it wrong.  Configure is smart.  Please, please let it do the
> work.
>
> Robert
Did exactly what you requested.

"./configure --prefix=/usr --with-bindings=perl,python --enable-proc-opt"
  recompiled and installed on openSuSE 11.4 M4 and nvidia's latest
NV.run for a 32 bit machine
And the result was  -> # mythtv-setup   Floating point exception

*Guess What!  It works just like Amarok does.  If you start it with "strace -o mythTV.err mythtv-setup"  it comes right up full screen.*
*Start it directly and it fails*

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email:" n5xwb at comcast.net "