[mythtv-users] problems tuning SBS and GO in Melbourne

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Tue Nov 30 10:34:09 UTC 2010

anyone had any problems tuning any of the SBS channels or GO with myth?

i'm in Melbourne (region 94 for shepherd) and have been unable to record
or watch live tv on those channels for the last few days.

when recording, there is no error displayed or logged. the only sign
that anything is wrong is in the mythbackend log "should be local, but
it can not be found".

e.g.

2010-11-30 19:15:01.605 Started recording: "Ancient Discoveries":Robotics: channel 1032 on cardid 8, sourceid 1
2010-11-30 19:15:01.607 scheduler: Started recording: "Ancient Discoveries":Robotics: channel 1032 on cardid 8, sourceid 1
2010-11-30 19:15:02.164 ProgramInfo(1032_20101130191500.mpg), Error: GetPlaybackURL: '1032_20101130191500.mpg' should be local, but it can not be found.

when watching (in myth) Live TV on these channels, the OSD display says
"Partial Lock".

it makes no difference what tuner card i use (i have two rev.2 DVICO
Dual Digital 4s in my master backend, and a NovaT 500 in a slave
backend, and an old BT878 card in another slave).

it was working fine a few days ago, even after upgrading to myth 0.24.

the only change i've made to myth recently is that on sunday i ran
mythtv-setup to scan channels to get the new ones that have appeared in
the last few months (C31, GEM).

very bad trade IMO - C31 has very little of any interest to me, but SBS
accounts for nearly half of my recordings, almost as much as ABC.

my TV can tune any of these channels on its built-in HD tuner with no
problem.

i've tried deleting all channels in myth and scanning again, and even
tried restoring the channel table from a mysql backup from friday.
didn't help.

any ideas?

craig

--