[mythtv-users] How to improve 720p playback (1080i ok)?

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 04:12:22 UTC 2010

I've been fooling around running mythfrontend compiled under Windows, got
that working.  I can playback 1080i content without glitches, but 720p
content has frequent pauses, due to throwing away frames when the audio gets
ahead of the video.

In the logs, I've verified it's using Direct3D for playback.  I've tried
different minimal profiles, with a deinterlacer of Onefield, Linear Blend,
and None (no filters in all cases), with no change in results.  The content
that plays fine is 1080i 30Hz, and the content that doesn't is 720p 60Hz.

For the 720p content, myth is using in the low 30's % CPU, and for the
1080i, high 30's.  The monitor is 60Hz.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jerry