[mythtv-users] MythTV with Vintage Gear

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 22:00:54 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Monday, November 29, 2010 02:02:35 pm Nick Rout wrote:
>

>> > Speaking of Quad (and few do so it really catches my eye), for a
>> > short time I used my 405 Amp/44 Preamp to drive a couple of cheap
>> > JBLs. But age and dry climate isn't kind to old British analog
>> > gear so they're awaiting a rebuild with one of several kits
>> > available.
>
> Hmmm, JBL and "cheap" in the same sentence, odd.
>
> I guess the Altec Lansings cost even more though.
>
>> I have the first model Cyrus amplifier, bought 1987 when i got my
>> first paying lawyer job. Excellent sound. Admittedly not connected to
>> a mythfrontend at present, but connected to a Squeezebox which
>> connects to the mythbackend running squeezebox server.
>
> So the first thing you did after becoming a lawyer was to spend money for
> something that makes noise. How appropriate.

LOL haha.

As well as the first model Sony Discman portable CD Player, which used
about 10 C sized batteries, which lasted about 1.5 CD's and were then
flat. I then left it wired to the power and the cyrus, a configuration
that lasted about 12 years.

Well how about that, Wikipedia tells me my Discman may be collectible,
but i think i threw it away when it stopped working. It's the D50,
pictured here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discman

> Sorry for the OT.

me too