[mythtv-users] MythTV with Vintage Gear

Tony Brummett brummett at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:06:42 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris at westnet.com> wrote:
> While my TV is now a Vizio 1080p 37", my main stereo is a 1971 Yamaha
> CR-400 and a pair of original Advent Loudspeakers, given to me by a cousin
> when I was in college around 1987. In 1990 I added a dbx subwoofer from the
> DAK catalog, the one they sold as "Krakatoa Erupts".
>
> Is anyone using anything older ? A Heathkit TV you built yourself perhaps ?

For a long time I was using a pair of Quad ESL 57s and a Dynaco ST70
amp for sound duty.  They certainly weren't the most practical for
watching TV, but they were too cool not to use.  One of the speakers
needs rebuilt, so they're offline until I get around to it.

-- Tony  brummett at gmail.com