[mythtv-users] How do you fix things when jamu gets it wrong?

~Stack~ i.am.stack at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 04:49:23 UTC 2010

On 11/21/2010 01:23 PM, Colin McGregor wrote:
> So, for anyone else who runs into this as an issue (and let's face it, this is a pretty trivial issue), here is an ugly non-elegant  way to fix things:
>
> - Grab suitable wallpaper from thetvdb.com or themoviedb.org (or create your own)
> - Drop the wallpaper into /var/lib/mythtv/coverart and /var/lib/mythtv/fanart directories
> - Clear the cache with : rm -rf ~/.mythtv/themecache/*
> - Change your current theme to something (anything) different.
> - Change your theme back to your initial theme.
>
> Everything should be fine now.
>
> Ugly, but it works
>
> So, now when I pull up Conan on the listing display I have a picture of a late night comedian in a suit, as opposed to a guy in a loincloth with a sword... I wonder if Conan O'Brien has considered doing a Conan the Barbarian parody, that could be funny :-) .

I just ran into the *exact* same issue. However, I have not yet gotten
it to work to my satisfaction. I picked a wallpaper from thetvdb.com and
downloaded it into both directories as directed. I renamed the files
194751_fanart.jpg and flushed the frontend cache but I only get a black
background now. The other cover/fan art all refreshed properly.

Thinking that maybe there was a conflict with the "Conan Season
1_fanart.jpg" that MythTV had downloaded earlier I deleted those files.
Still black screen. I cp'd "194751_fanart.jpg" to "Conan Season
1_fanart.jpg" and the background I picked showed up right away.
Something does not appear to be working with the "SERIESID_fanart.jpg"
format for me. While this 'copying over previous file' method works for
Conan, it doesn't work for Top Gear.

I watch both the UK and US versions of Top Gear, and the UK version is
the default for the cover/fan art. I picked a new wallpaper for the US
version and called it "199051_fanart.jpg" but no matter what I do I only
get the UK version of the cover/fan art (unless I replace the files in
which case I only get the US for both of them).

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong that does not allow me to use the
"SERIESID_fanart.jpg" format?

Thanks!