[mythtv-users] OT: forcing Motorola QIP7100-2 into anamorphic 16:9 on composite/svideo

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Nov 29 03:59:25 UTC 2010

I have a 16:9 TV and a Motorola QIP7100-2 set top box.  For channels
that I can't seem to tune via firewire (possibly due to 5C) I've also
connected the composite out to a PVR150's composite in.  The STB will
downconvert HD channels to 480i but it also letterboxes 16:9 content.

Does anyone on this list happen to know if there's a way to get it to
do anamorphic video?  In other words, downconvert to 480i, but stretch
it rather than letterbox it?

Eric