[mythtv-users] fanart/coverart in OS X Frontend

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Sun Nov 28 23:19:15 UTC 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 at 9:21PM, scram69 asked:

> I would love to know if this patch actually works; 1 year ago when I
> was struggling with the same problem, I was told that it didn't matter
> what plugins were installed with Myth, as the OS X Frontend would only
> use the system-installed Qt libraries:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/410977#410977

Since Most OS X users don't have a system-installed Qt,
we needed a better way.

It took a while of adding debug into the Qt QImageReader
source code, mucking around and testing...
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8387
but the packages should now force those plugins to be
available even if there is no Qt anywhere on your Mac.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"I don't believe
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | in a lot of things,