[mythtv-users] Not impressed with the iMON remote

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Sun Nov 28 04:26:22 UTC 2010

On 27/11/2010 3:32 AM, dargllun wrote:
> Am 26.11.2010 18:42, schrieb Christian Szpilfogel:
>> I do run one system in iMon protocol and the other in MCE RC-6 without
>> issue. The other receiver is the iMon Veris Basic. Even though they are
>> both iMon devices one came one way and the other came the other way.
>> Both accept a power on IR code just fine and it is the #1 reason I
>> bought these devices.
>
> Interesting. BTW, is there any difference in the various Harmony
> models wrt to protocol compatibility? I was thinking of purchasing a
> low-end product such as the Harmony 300; the whole thing is more a
> luxury than a necessity. So, will an iMON LCD work with a H-300 or
> H-300i?

 From my knowledge no. They pretty much do the same thing from an IR
perspective. The main differences have been UI, ergonomics, and
abilities such as RF bridging. From an IR perspective certain models
have had minor issues but the harmony support team have quickly helped
out those users.

I have not tried the H-300/300i. But I would expect them to work fine.
Remember Harmony remotes are meant to work with just about everything
and the database does not restrict what protocols can be used on what
device.