[mythtv-users] vdpau and .mp4 playback

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 01:26:14 UTC 2010

Hi

On 28 November 2010 11:29, Gerald Brandt <gbr at majentis.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use MythBuntu 10.10 running .23 fixes.
>
> Lately, I've been finding H264 .mkv and .mp4 files that won't (can't?) use vdpau acceleration.  From my brief looks at the files, it all looks OK, h264 video at 1280 x 5xx (528 or 544), 24 FPS, and MPEG-4 ACC or Dolby AC-3 audio.  I really can't see a difference between one that works, and one that doesn't.

What H264 encoding profile are they using ?

VDPAU only supports supports some h264's profiles (4:2:0 profiles such
as baseline/main/high). Things like lossless h264 or High 4:4:4
Predictive Profile aren't supported by VDPAU.

But it's been a while since I looked into VDPAU (over a year now) this
may have changed by now.

Regarding what Robert said, the resolutions restrictions also differ
according to the nvidia cards you are using