[mythtv-users] MythTV with Vintage Gear

David Williams mythtv_david at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 20:23:04 UTC 2010

Chris, you're not the only one using Advent equipment. I have a set of the 'smaller' Advents I bought in the mid seventies. They interface OK with a 5.1 system through a Denon AVR-1910. A while back the cones disintegrated and I installed a new set of speakers but the tweeters still hold up. In the day I built two Heathkits: a transistor radio in the early 1960s and a tube amp in about '68 when I was in college that fed a pair of Lafayette speakers. (Remember Lafayette and Olson?) I quit Heathkits after the amp since it took me forever to find a cold solder joint. I still have a Pioneer SX-780 which along with a Dual CS 1257 I used as recently as last year to digitize vinyl. Come to think of it, I'm getting to be vintage gear.

Dave