[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome not using wakeup/shutdown periods / incorrect time set if idle=0?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 10:59:57 UTC 2010

> --setscheduledwakeup should work (just means that you don't need to
> pass in $time)

It does not work when idle reaches 0.

> However I would try setting it up as shown in the wiki. Take care to
> note that the wake time format in the backend settings should be
> 'yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss' (needs to be exactly this format - including
> :ss).

I have changed to this setup and it works fine now. Yippee.

> What shows up in the backend log when it goes to shutdown after the
> idle countdown?

It calls the wakeup script but with "older" time values (my script
outputs the values it is trying to use to set the BIOS wakeup these
also appear in the myth log so I know the script has been run and
using what values).

If you use "Shutdown Now" in the Mythwelcome menu it worked correctly.

Thanks for your help I am working now albeit using -setwakeup and the
specific date format instead of time_t in one area.

I do think something is not being done which should be when the idle=0.

I did notice entries not being updated to what I what have thought
they should have been in the settings table (I think either the
MythShutdownNextScheduled or MythShutdownWakeupTime) when using the
--setscheduledwakeup method.

Unfortunately as I do not have a test system I have no means of checking now.