[mythtv-users] ffmpeg working on eac3/truehd/dts-HD audio streaming

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 22:56:20 UTC 2010

Hi

On 27 November 2010 05:24, GZ <gzornetzer.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> the GT220 and GT210 are capable of HBR.  My understanding is that these
> cards won't bitstream the HD codecs under windows, but I'm not sure if
> that's an issue with the DRM and the protected audio path rather than a lack
> of HBR.

Are you sure about the GT220? The capability of bitstreaming HD codec
was one of the reason I started to look at the GT220 with keener eyes.

But it may seems that you're right:
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/hardware-support_en_US.html

The only cards mentioned for HD passthrough is the nVidia GTX 400 series

bugger :(