[mythtv-users] MythTV with Vintage Gear

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Fri Nov 26 21:02:49 UTC 2010

The path my post about audio cards has taken has gotten me wondering if
anyone else uses their Myth system with what mighe be called vintage gear.

While my TV is now a Vizio 1080p 37", my main stereo is a 1971 Yamaha
CR-400 and a pair of original Advent Loudspeakers, given to me by a cousin
when I was in college around 1987. In 1990 I added a dbx subwoofer from the
DAK catalog, the one they sold as "Krakatoa Erupts".

For completeness the setup still includes the BIC turntable and Akai
tapedeck the system came with. I am currently using the turntable, through
the stereo into the Myth frontend to digitize any of my record collection
that can't be obtained otherwise.

Is anyone using anything older ? A Heathkit TV you built yourself perhaps ?

-Chris