[mythtv-users] [UK] - What's the best way to capture from a Sky digibox?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Nov 26 17:09:09 UTC 2010

On 26/11/2010 16:12, Paul Raison wrote:

> On 26 Nov 2010, at 15:55, Wayne Thomas wrote:
>
>> That comment just made me think, if I try to skip back or forwards
>> after watching an BBC HD show for some time (more than 10 minutes
>> probably) it jumps to the wrong spot as if the seektable is out of
>> whack.  I just took a look at my backend log, and you are correct, it
>> is absolutely riddled with h264 errors.  At  the time I was
>> watching/recording a BBC HD show.
>
> I also have problems with BBC 1 HD&  BBC HD recordings in that the reported recording length is shorter than the actual recording length. I have to add at least 10mins to the end of a recording otherwise at playback, it stops playing just short of the end of the programme even the entire programme is actually in the recorded file. Very strange. Is this related to ticket #9176?

Useful reference. If I understand the comments in 9176 correctly,
commflagging may make this problem far worse, which could explain why
some of my recordings seem ok and not others.

Now to see if I can figure out how to tell myth not to commflag bbc
channels. I'm guessing channel editor under mythtvsetup.

Paul.