[mythtv-users] Not getting guide data

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 04:34:28 UTC 2010

On 11/25/2010 9:55 PM, mike at grounded.net wrote:
>>   The OP can also try a grab at http://schedulesdirect.org/getdata  That
>>   usually displays the reason for the 500 error.
> Wait now, going to that link doesn't give them any authentication info, how would the server know who is trying to connect?
You'll be prompted to log in to the Schedules Direct website.

That's an interactive test of "whats on now" to rule out application problems using our web app.  It downloads data just like your app is supposed to
do and displays it in your browser.  Very handy to help troubleshoot apps like MythTV that don't provide a way for users to see the raw data.

Since it only gets 30 seconds or data, it's not useful for an application to use (and designed that way!)

Robert
XMLTV
Schedules Direct