[mythtv-users] "Do you really need a discrete audio card ?"

Emmanuel eallaud at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 21:57:41 UTC 2010

Jean-Yves Avenard a écrit :
> Hi
>
> On 25 November 2010 03:40, Emmanuel <eallaud at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> So for me (and I understand people thinking differently ;-) the discrete
>> sound card bring alot of quality to the table a t reasonable price and
>> flexibility; for example my amp for now is a class D amp I bought for around
>>

> but anything supporting audio over hdmi would allow this, including
> the latest intel IGP, or nvidia GT2xx video cards, or ATI one for that
> matter.
>
> No need to add another external card in the equation.

Hmm, not if you value DAC quality; on a good sound card you get a decent
DAC plus audio AOPs, it is in several good cards a much better
DAC/preamp than in not so cheap receivers.
For now I am doing it with my integrated sound card, but I do hope a big
jump in quality when I get my hands on a "good" sound card.
But as I said there are as many opinions as people when it comes to
audio quality ;-)
Bye
Manu