[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase - BE / SBE mixture

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 17:25:35 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>  On 11/22/2010 09:52 AM, Greg Oliver wrote:
>>
>> I moved my hdpvr to a slave backend (first one I have setup), so I may
>> have done something not right??
>>
>> It is working properly and recording, etc etc..
>>
>> I just added a channel to my SD lineup for that lineup, and ran mfd on
>> the master backend.  It *did not* pick up the new channel.  I then
>> proceeded to the slave and ran it from there, and it *did* pick up the
>> new channel.
>>
>> Is this expected behavior, or do I need to tweak something somewhere?
>> If the lineups in use do not overlap the systems am I going to have to
>> run mfd on both backends to get all listings?  It seems that would
>> cause collisions...  I have ATSC lineups on the mbe, and directv
>> (hdpvr) on the sbe now..
>
> Likely you ran mythfilldatabase on the first system before the SD lineup was
> properly updated or while it was still being cached.

Could be.  Jut last night I re-ran it after I truncated the program
table, and while it did fill in one lineup with 4 days of data prior
to filling in the other lineup with any data, when it was all said and
done, I did have data for both lineups upon completion.  Maybe I just
got used to seeing it populate real-time with a single lineup on a
single backend from the past - and cried wolf too early..

> mythfilldatabase--though it really only makes sense to run it on the master
> backend--is backend agnostic.

Good - I like to think of the other one as fire and forget  :)

Thanks!