[mythtv-users] Problem setting up a recording

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Nov 24 15:35:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:30:27PM -0500, Cindi & Derek Cass wrote:
> I went into mythtv-setup and changed channel 105 to not display, and that
> has fixed my immediate issue of wanting the HD recording for Thursday.  I
> noticed that channel 105 and 1105 were both using the same XMLTVID.  I
> noticed that 111 and 1111 were also using the same XMLTVID between the two
> of them.  I tried to schedule a recording on 1111, and it ended up
> scheduling it on 111.
>
> Richard, your suggestion wouldn't work in my case because I couldn't get the
> scheduler to record on both channels at the same time.  When I scheduled
> 1105 to record, the upcoming recording screen would show channel 105 for the
> recording.  When I looked in the listings at the time of the show, both 105
> and 1105 were shown to be recording the show.  Obviously, I have several
> channels that are using the same chanid for the SD and HD flavors.
>
> I'm guessing that all of the 3 digit channels that are marked as HD are
> wrong (all HD channels for Time Warner Cable are 4 digits in NC).  For the
> long term, how should I go about fixing this?  I'd like to keep the ability
> to record the SD channel with my secondary tuner should my HDPVR be busy
> recording something else.

Your SD and HD channels should not have the same xmltvid.  Either
Schedules Direct (really TMS) has bad data or something went wrong
when you created your video sources.  Go to tvlistings.zap2it.com (a
web frontend to the TMS data), select your lineup and then choose one
of the SD channels.  The xmltvid will be the "stnNum=" part of the
resulting URL.  Then do the same for an HD channel.  If they are the
same, TMS' data is bad and you should report that through Schedules
Direct.  If they are not the same, your setup is bad and you will need
to delete the bad channels and re-add them.

As for recording in HD by default and only falling back to SD when your
HDPVR is busy, please see http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html .

David
--
David Engel