[mythtv-users] ion configs

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Tue Nov 23 23:45:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Sean Grieve <sean at grieve.com.au> wrote:
>>You've got something weird going on, my OSD responsiveness improved
>>significantly (from "annoying" to "nearly perfect") between 0.23 and
>>0.24.
>>
>>(My menu's are also fine, except for entering the Watch Recordings
>>screen which takes about 10 seconds at the moment)
>>
>>- Chris
>
> Hey Chris,
> that's the news I want to hear.. means I can improve something. I was
> surprised when 0.24 slowed my OSD down.. I'm running separate
> frontend/backend.. frontend is standard eb1501 with 2gig ram outputing 1080p
> to projector.. I run mythbuntu as it's _so_ quick to set up (trialled 7MC
> the other day for fun and in 30 minutes had mythbuntu frontend up again with
> minimal file backup :) )
>
> what are your specs and what res do you output to? Also, what theme do you
> run?

I'm running two Revo's as frontends - one a 1610 (N230 single core,
2GB RAM, 512mb reserved for video) and the other a 3100 (N330 dual
core, 4GB RAM, 512mb reserved for video). Both output at 1920 x 1080
and appear to perform identically for MythTV purposes.

I'm using Blue Abstract at the moment - another thread suggests a fix
for my slow Watch Recordings screen, too, so I'll have to take a look
at that tonight.

OpenGL painter, of course.

- Chris