[mythtv-users] [ATrpms-users] Fedora vs. CentOS - Thoughts

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Nov 23 15:51:27 UTC 2010

On 23/11/10 15:09, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 23 November 2010 16:12, DaveD<mythtv at guiplot.com>  wrote:
>
>> only upgrade when support is dropped.  That way when I upgrade, I'm
>> upgrading to a mature version, rather than leading edge.  Seems to make
>> things quite stable.  But, if you don't want to do the upgrade every 6
>
> So you only upgrade to version that are already 18 months old ?

No; six(ish) months from release,  IIRC.  F12 is about to go EOL, F14 is
fairly new and F13 seems to be reasonably mature.  Axel is hopeful of
getting 0.24 going on CentOS 5 soon and had 0.24 packages for RHEL 6
Beta.  So 0.24 on CentOS 6 may also be along quite soon, but long-term
support for v4l there is still a bit uncertain.  That's my
understanding, anyway.

John P