[mythtv-users] Storage issues.

Justin Dunn jd2660 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 23 14:21:05 UTC 2010

On 11/23/2010 8:07 AM, Wieslaw Kierbedz wrote:
> W dniu 11/23/10 3:00 PM, Justin Dunn anonsuje::
>>
>>> Could You explain?
>>> You mean - simple move the files?
>>> How can I move info into database?
>>> Of course I have storage on both backends but (of course:)) that are
>>> completely different backends and different computers.
>>> The one thing I can do is to mount directories via nfs and add these
>>> dirs  in setup as storage directory in another backend.
>>> But what about titles/descriptions from mythconverg?
>>
>> The database only stores the recording file name and storage group.
> And title and description of show.
True, I was just listing the relevant fields for the file access.
As there are quite a few fields in total:
autoexpire, filesize, recordid, basename, findid, recpriority, bookmark,
hostname, seriesid, bookmarkupdate, lastmodified, stars, category,
originalairdate, starttime, chanid, playgroup, storagegroup,
commflagged, preserve, subtitle, cutlist, previouslyshown, timestretch,
deletepending, profile, title, description, progend, transcoded,
duplicate, programid, transcoder, editing, progstart, watched, endtime,
recgroup

>> When a file is accessed mythtv searches all the storage group
>> directories for the file to load. So that search would find the file
>> when you moved it.
>>
> Ok. I know that.
> But there are two databases.
> Two different backends, two different storage and _two_independent
> databases_.
> I need something like export/import option for mythbackend.
> I see that I asked wrong.
>
> How to move recording info from one database to another.
> And how to do it for multiple recordings at once?

Well normally, you have multiple backends connected to the same database
so this is not a problem.
Moving recording records from datebase to another database would
probably require exporting specific records from one database and
importing them into another database.
I'm not exactly how you would do that.