[mythtv-users] Duplicate Schedules

Graham Maltby gmaltby at iig.com.au
Tue Nov 23 07:47:35 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I am attempting to setup generic recording schedules to pick up a
program in a generic category.

Specifically, I have created a custom rule ("Documentary") with the
following:

Find and record one showing of this title each day.

program.category = 'documentary' AND HOUR(program.starttime) >= 18 AND
HOUR(program.starttime) <= 21 AND
TIMESTAMPDIFF(MINUTE,program.starttime,program.endtime) > 35

Recording Priority: -2

Or in English, record one documentary per day between 6pm and 9pm as
long as it is more than 35 minutes long.

This part work as expected.

The problem starts when this rule matches a program that has it's own
rule.  For example, "Richard Hammond's Invisible Worlds" has its own
rule (priority 0) and would normally be scheduled.

However because the Documentary rule has already matched an earlier
program and is set to only record one program per day, Invisible Worlds
is not recorded as the rule has already matched for the day.

The goal is to have a number of generic rules to pick up "random other
stuff" (documentary, movie, comedy, etc) that would not normally be
scheduled but could be of interest, particularly as Christmas approaches
and the programming content drops to nothing. :(

Is there someway to set the order or priority which rules are applied in
scheduling?  Am I missing something in the setup of the rules that would
allow two programs to match in this way without manual intervention.

Regards,
Graham