[mythtv-users] "Do you really need a discrete audio card ?"

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 23:13:06 UTC 2010

Hi

On 23 November 2010 09:40, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> do you have a link?  did they mention anything regarding pass-through
> to an amp/receiver?  i would assume that the cheaper option wouldn't
> matter if it was able to do pass-through.

I think that in the future, a discrete audio card will be less and
less of value as things move to combining both video and audio output
together (hdmi or displayport)..

So the video card is the one that is going to be most interesting,
because it effectively becomes an audio card too, or at least provides
a way to output audio in a digital form