[mythtv-users] Can't connect to MYSQL

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Nov 22 18:33:43 UTC 2010

On 11/22/2010 12:00 PM, Mike A wrote:
> On 11/21/2010 08:00 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Mike A<mlnx at mho.com> wrote:
>>> Still can't connect, but I have more info. When mythtv-setup executes a
>>> terminal window appears with event messages but is only visible a
>>> very short
>>> time since the mythtv screen comes up and covers everything. After
>>> running
>>> it several times I was able to piece together the following messages.
>>>
>>> Runtime prefix /usr
>>> Using config dir ~/.mythv
>>> Using local hose value of localhost
>>> SQL Database: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
>>> SQL Database: available drivers:
>>> Unable to init db connection
>>> New Database connection Total:1
>>> SQL Database Opendatabase(): db object is not valid
>>>
>>> It seems I am missing a driver. Does the 3 in QMYSQL3 mean Qt3. I do not
>>> have qt3 installed, just qt4. However since I installed mythtv with
>>> Ubuntu
>>> 10.4 distribution packages, I would think they would include any qt3
>>> libs.
>> Please bottom post on our lists.
>>
>> No. QMYSQL3 means Qt MySQL driver for MySQL versions 3 and later.
>>
>>> Anybody know what qt3 package I need to install?
>> You don't need to. But the above message *does* mean you are missing
>> a Qt4 mysql package. On Ubuntu this means libqt4-sql-mysql and
>> libqt4-sql.
>>
>> Robert
> Both drivers are installed, just not being loaded. Also note in my
> use an env variable to find the libs? I looked to see where Synaptic put
> the drivers.
> Package libqt4-sql
> /usr/lib/libQtSql.so.4
> /usr/lib/libQtSql.so.4.6
> /usr/lib/libQtSql.so.4.6.2
> Package libqt4-sql-mysql
> /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.so
>
> Mike

Check that /lib/qt4 is ahead of /lib/qt3.3-lib in /etc/ld.so.conf

Robert is probably correct that you don't need the -devel libraries I
listed (as those are for compiling SVN on Fedora) but I think the pair
listed for Ubuntu Feisty and Karmic are needed for a binary mythtv
install (could be wrong on that but it cannot hurt).

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury
            Barrister and Solicitor