[mythtv-users] DirecTV HTTP Server

jmk jmk at foofus.net
Mon Nov 22 18:15:56 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 06:51 -0600, Greg Oliver wrote:
> Hmmmm.  This morning, all is right with the universe I guess..  All of
> the receivers are responding properly.  I should have checked before I
> connected a hub between those network segments and grabbed packet
> captures.  Waste of time.  I do not know what the glitch was yesterday,
> but I did double check my receivers and my HR21 that was experiencing
> issues yesterday has not been updated since 8/23.  Definitely not in
> line with your observations (plus I see no unauthorized messages, etc).

The "getTuned" request works fine on your H21? Here's what I'm seeing
for that query:

% echo 'GET /tv/getTuned HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n'|netcat 192.168.1.5 8080
HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden.
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 18:04:41 GMT
Reason:  Command(s) disabled.

{"status": {
  "code": 403,
  "msg": "Forbidden. Command(s) disabled.",
  "query": "/tv/getTuned"
}}

After further testing, the "tune" command does still work for me. I'm
not sure what happened yesterday morning that caused it to fail,
resulting in a missed recording. I performed a few manual tune requests
and the response is now "OK.", where I think it was previously "OK". A
minor adjustment to the script to match that and it no longer spits out
an error.

% echo 'GET /tv/tune?major=206 HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n'|netcat 192.168.1.5 8080
HTTP/1.0 200 OK.
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 18:04:21 GMT

{"status": {
  "code": 200,