[mythtv-users] Blu-ray? How?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Nov 22 03:07:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 14:41 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> I can see why people choose to bittorrent hidef files to watch, when
> so many barriers are put in the way of them watching a disk that they
> legitimately bought.

Indeed, it often feels like the people that want us to pay for their
media make it really difficult for those that do want to, to pay for it.

I could certainly imagine that the reality is that for some use-cases,
even with the effort of having to out to the store to buy/rent the media
aside, it's just plain easier to download a ripped copy of something
than it is to try to mess around with these peoples' short-sighted,
stupid, DRM systems.

b.