[mythtv-users] mytharchive mythbuntu 0.24 ppa packaging problem

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 02:53:43 UTC 2010

Hey Dan:

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Dan Smith <mrplowdan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well I was having problems with mytharchive having all its themes
> missing until I realized /usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive was missing and
> too a peek at the mytharchive deb from mythbuntu 0.24-27162 and found
> out it installed it to
>
> /build/buildd/mythtv-0.24.0+fixes27162/debian/tmp/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/
> /usr/share/mythtv/

In the future can you please report these types of things to
http://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu ?

This particular one was found a few days ago and should be fixed with
current builds.  It was caused by SYSROOT not being used consistently
throughout the mythplugins build (and partially sourced by the mythtv
build).  At times it refers to where it needs to find libraries and at other
times where it needs to install files to.

The way that we do the mythbuntu build now is mythtv/mythplugins/myththemes
all in one shot.  We apply this patch to let that work (and make the usage
of sysroot more consistent):

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/mythtv/mythtv-fixes/annotate/head:/debian/patches/configure_mythplugins_without_mythtv_installed.patch