[mythtv-users] Blu-ray? How?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 23:16:41 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 6:11 PM, DaveD <mythtv at guiplot.com> wrote:

> I've been all over the new 0.24 and haven't found any mention of anything
> to do with blue-ray.  I put in a rented blu-ray disk and no response (had to
> boot under Windoze to watch it.  Yuck!).  Couldn't find any mention of howto
> in the wiki or in the archives.  Is there a howto somewhere?  A plugin?  I'm
> using FC13 (Atrpms).
>
> Dave D.

now "supports Blu-Ray" playback, so I bought a drive off newegg and a couple
discs, and thought that it would "just work". I was sorely mistaken. I
haven't spent much time looking into it yet but it appears you need to have
the decrypt key for every disc you want to play ahead of time. Plus, the
wiki says that the discs must be  "protected by AACS MKB version 10 or
lower, and not protected by BD+ "  - I have no idea what that means or how
to figure that out.

My fault for not researching things a bit further before diving in, but IMHO
there really should be disclaimers on features like these.