[mythtv-users] How do you fix things when jamu gets it wrong?

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 21 19:23:11 UTC 2010

> Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 07:29:49 -0800
> From: brent.meyer at gmail.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] How do you fix things when jamu gets it wrong?
>
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Robert McNamara
>  wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Colin McGregor  wrote:
> >> This isn't a big thing, and not something that is worth a lot of time to fix, but if anyone knows an easy way to switch I'd appreciate hearing about it.
> >
> > This is why the image hunt uses SERIESID_artworktype.ext as one if its
> > fallbacks.  Remove Conan Season 1_fanart.jpg or whatever, find the
> > SERIESID for Conan, and create SERIESID_fanart.jpg with the image you
> > want.
> >
> > Robert
> >

> Colin, I had the very same issue. I replaced the incorrect fanart on
> my backend, but it still showed up on the frontend.
>
> If you're still having the issue, try clearing the theme cache on your
> frontends (rm -rf ~/.mythtv/themecache/*). That fixed it for me.

That is the trick, Thank you.

So, for anyone else who runs into this as an issue (and let's face it, this is a pretty trivial issue), here is an ugly non-elegant  way to fix things:

- Grab suitable wallpaper from thetvdb.com or themoviedb.org (or create your own)
- Drop the wallpaper into /var/lib/mythtv/coverart and /var/lib/mythtv/fanart directories
- Clear the cache with : rm -rf ~/.mythtv/themecache/*
- Change your current theme to something (anything) different.
- Change your theme back to your initial theme.

Everything should be fine now.

Ugly, but it works

So, now when I pull up Conan on the listing display I have a picture of a late night comedian in a suit, as opposed to a guy in a loincloth with a sword... I wonder if Conan O'Brien has considered doing a Conan the Barbarian parody, that could be funny :-) .

Now, next issue is creating more wallpaper for other TV shows/movies...