[mythtv-users] Any tweaks possible for a remote frontend?

rawgarlic at gmail.com rawgarlic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 18:23:02 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 12:30 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
the short answer is maybe.

It depends on the hardware. Decoding media for playback is very computationally
intensive. It. Seems your cpu cant handle it but if you have an nvidia graphics
chips such as an ion chipset for an intel ion processor... the ion is also known
as a nvidia geforce 9400m. Or anything from about an 8400 series onwards
you can look into enabling vdpau.

Check your graphics chip then have a look on the wiki.

Ok.
Currently, the motherboard (on this remote frontend) has onboard video
and audio.
So I will disable the onboard video in the BIOS and pop in a PCI video
card and see how that works.
Looking around for nvidia PCI card.

If I disable the onboard audio in the BIOS and replace it with a PCI audio card,
will that help by taking some of the load off the CPU?