[mythtv-users] undisable notify-osd

Jason Chambers lists at purplish-monkey.com
Sun Nov 21 12:05:46 UTC 2010

On 21/11/2010 04:55, Dan Smith wrote:
> I need my caller is popups back! Since mythtvosd no longer works with
> 0.24 is there a was to allow notify-osd popups to appear in mythtv as
> a temporary alternative, it seems to be disabled upon starting
> mythfrontend since I can see them on mythwelcome. I'm not sure if
> mythfrontend actually disables the popups or if they just aren't being
> painted overtop of the ui, they don't work weather I'm using qt or
> opengl painter.

There is no support for displaying the notification windows onscreen
since the MythUI OSD rewrite.  So its not your settings or anything.

Its a case of needing somebody with the time and skills to add it back
in, just like the video preview widget that used to exist on the watch
recordings screen several versions ago.

I believe your only alternative if you cannot do the code yourself is to
use something like osd_cat in a custom script to write the messages
directly to the screen.  However I vaguely remember reading messages
where this type of thing can leave artefacts on screen after the message
disappears under certain circumstances.

--
Regards,
Jason