[mythtv-users] Any tweaks possible for a remote frontend?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 08:30:28 UTC 2010

the short answer is maybe.

It depends on the hardware. Decoding media for playback is very
computationally intensive. It. Seems your cpu cant handle it but if you have
an nvidia graphics chips such as an ion chipset for an intel ion
processor... the ion is also known as a nvidia geforce 9400m. Or anything
from about an 8400 series onwards you can look into enabling vdpau.

Check your graphics chip then have a look on the wiki.